I found a few recipes via the internet that weren't exactly what I wanted, so I took a little from one and added it to another. The result was so tasty that even my wife and older daughter were impressed with it!
1 large onion
1 venison roast or 6 venison steaks
3 strips of bacon
1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Cut the venison into 1 inch cubes and throw it in the crock pot.
2, Cut up the onion distribute it over the venison.
3. Cut up the bacon and distribute it over the onions.
4. Add water or beef broth or apple juice deep enough to cover the meat.
5. Turn the crock pot on high, cover, and allow it to cook for six hours.
6. Remove the meat and onions from the water and shred the meat with a fork.
7. Pour the water out of the crock pot and place the meat back in the pot.
8. Add the barbecue sauce to the meat, turn the crock pot on warm and serve on a bun.
I fixed more than we could eat in one sitting, so I have divided up the left-overs and froze them for a quick and easy meal in the near future. This really turned out well and will be one of my stand-by recipes for the future.